The JCRC Laboratory has a rich test menu under various sections (Chemistry, Hematology, Virology, Flow cytometry, Microbiology, Mycobacteriology, & Immunology/Serology) providing high-quality laboratory services for both clinical and research activities. It also supports other research projects and clients across Uganda with assured and consistent quality. The College of American Pathologists (CAP) has accredited it for the last four years.
It is one of two P3 Level Laboratories (Biohazard containment Level) in the country, with staff who have a continuous culture of learning with contributions to science and policy at a national and international level. They serve on various national advisory committees and sub-committees at the Ministry of Health.
- CBC/Diff, Coagulation Assays, Blood parasitology and Blood Transfusion Medicine
- HIV & HCV Viral Load testing, SARS-COV2 PCR, HIV DNA PCR, PBMC Isolation, RARA
- Immuno-Assays, LFTs, RFTs & Lipid Profiles
- Urinalysis, Serology, Urine Cultures, Stool analysis, hCG, Body Fluids analysis, Blood Cultures, Respiratory Specimen analysis
- General specimen processing, storage, shipment & referral
- GeneXpert, AFB smear Microscopy, TB cultures, 1st & 2nd Line TB drug susceptibility testing
- HIV Drug Resistence Testing
- Specimen Processing, Storage & Shipment, TB Cultures & ELISA
- HIV Rapids & CD4 Testing
- Processing, Storage, shipment and Referral of ACTG active protocol samples
- Specimen collection, processing & transportation
- Specimen storage and Retrieval
- De-ionised water production & packaging
- Incineration of biomedical waste